Saturday, September 26, 2009

Drive Thru Beer

I'm pretty sure we don't have these back home. On corners all over the city here they put up drive-thru beer stores. They put them on the street corners so you can zip in (purchase beer) and then zip out - either onto another street thus making a nice rounded turn without annoying things like stop lights -or- back on to the original street by way off jaunting across any perpendicular traffic that might be in your way.



















Did I mention these are BEER stores?

DRIVE THRU BEER stores?

Here in Mexico you can also send your child - any age - to go and buy beer, and nobody askes questions. That blows my mind! A kid or teenager can go to the liquor store and get what ever they want.


But maybe it works? In Chino's family they don't really drink, maybe someone will bring a 6-pack to share (with like 20 people) and they'll make these funky beer-bloody-mary things with it, but nobody's interested in getting drunk. And the younger family members in their early 20's? They don't drink at all! I figured that his single male cousins would be drinkers but hell, they've got other things to pay for and beer just isn't on the list. Maybe his family isn't the norm - I sure as hell don't know everyone here - but at least I'm happy.

Daaaiiiissyyy!! OH DAISY FETUS! After you're born and you can crawl, mommy's sending YOU for Margaritas! :P

19 comments:

jenny said...

We have a drive-thru liquor store here. Damn hillbillies and rednecks are too lazy to get our of their cars to buy their liquor!

Weird laws here:: you can buy beer and wine at the food stores, but for the hard stuff, you have to go to the liquor store and they have certain hours and closed on sundays. whatevah! I just make my own hooch! LOL

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Jenny - For real? Drive-thru's?? Well who knew?
And lol, they made my hometown wait till after 12pm on Sundays to buy any beer or liquor. Perfect timing for the end of church. :P

JJ said...

When I lived in Ohio we had drive through "dairies" but their signs never mentioned that it was the "coldest MILK in town" if you get my drift. Very convenient when you're driving home from the bar and want to get a shortcase for home. Okay, I'm just kidding. Kind of.

Refried Dreamer said...

Haven't seen any of those in GDL, but in Hubby's hometown, they have drive-thru MODELO cans!!!

Kids love to go there.... they can pick their chips from the window~!

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

JJ - Milk? Like that's what they call the beer? What's a shortcase? Yall Ohio folk got some slang flyin' round. :PPP

Refried - Gahhhh Mexicans do for real love some cheezy stuff right? :)

Krissie said...

Pffft, I was buying beer for Dad as soon as I could carry bottles. What laws?!

No booze drive-thru's here though.

Leah Flinn said...

Ahhh....Ohio definitely has these everywhere. I have not seen any here in Veracruz.

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Krissie - Well then, that explains everything! ;P

Leah - You lawless Ohio people are making me look stoopid. :P

Ritamg said...

No drive thru stores in Iowa but there are plenty in Texas, where I figure drinking and driving is considered a sport.

On Mexican Time said...

I don't think Cancun has these either! Mmm... I do like Tecate though! Oh and those Ojo Rojos as well!!! They are delicious! You'd have to drink a ton of them before you ever felt plastered!

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Ritmag - Fine, if I ever move back to the states I'm going to a state that doesn't approve of drinking and driving. Yeesh

O.M.T. - Cancun has enough partying as it is yes? Ojos Rojos? Is that a beer? :P I asked my husband and he doesn't know :P :)

On Mexican Time said...

lol - yes, we stay away from the hotel zone!!

Ojo Rojos - beer w/ clam juice, and lime... you can put spices in it, but usually I just have beer, clam and salt! YUMMY!!!

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

O.M.T. - Calm juice? *gag* No, just, oh lordy. To each their own but wow CLAM JUICE? Ah well, my husband thinks alfredo sauce is an abomination, so I'm not judging clam juice in beer. (my god reeeeaalllY???) :P

JJ said...

Gringa - See, they were dairies, right? But their signs read "Coldest beer in town", because there was no use advertising the milk, since they're dairies...

A shortcase is a 12-pack and we say that in Oregon where I was born, grew up, moved away from and came back to. Ultimately.

Kellysmakeupandmore said...

Yea i heard about that!
where u can send them any age and buy it
CRAZY!!!

What will they think of next, I guess they think if u drink ur to lazy to get out of the car to go in and buy it lol idk

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

JJ - I'm always good for adding some slang to my vocab, thank you! :) And OOHHHHHH, Kay, I get it now. :P Thank You again. :)

Kelly - We need beer at the McDonalds and we'd be all set. :P

Sunshine said...

You so forgot to mention the TECATE GIRLS! as soon as i can get a picture we gotta post it! Strippers outside the beer selling place shaking the bottay...to get plp to come buy some beer! I was shocked to see that! WOW...wonder how much those girls get paid! lol

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Sunshine - and there are so MANY of them! It's like at EVERY oxxo and 7-11, a TON of girls out there fri and Sat nights! Where do they find them all??

lacostenita said...

They have a drive-thru place in Oklahoma city,Oklahoma that sell beer...its called "El Chapulin Colorado" with girls wearing bikini....