Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I snapped this pic on the way home last night - it's of a poster for the 16 of September celebration. (Mexican 4th of July) Notice the words in bold "Tequila Todo La Noche!!" That translates to "Tequila all night long."

EEESH. I can't for the life of me figure out how that's going to turn out good for ANYBODY.

Cuz damn. Just. No.

I can remember exactly the last time I drank Tequila. *shudder* It was about two years ago and Chino when I decided that we would see what it would be like to get drunk together. I can't remember WHY this seemed like such a good idea at the time. Anyways we didn't want to be driving so we took a trip to the local ghetto liquor store. Ahhh memories, my first ghetto liquor store. . . *sigh* :P

Chino was all hyped up and convinced that we just HAD to drink Tequila even though all I had ever seen him drink was beer. I tried to convince him otherwise but he got all chest-puffed-up and Mexican-y -proud on me and informed me that this was the ONLY way to do it. I didn't want Mexican-Pride flags to burst from his ears so I just gave in.

We brought a 5th of Tequila home (really? because a pint wouldn't have done just fine??GAAWWD,) sat down at my kitchen table and proceeded to drink all but a couple fingers in the bottom of the bottle in about 45 minutes. And we don't drink! Which is probably why we drank so much so fast because we didn't really know any better.

After we finished I don't really remember much. I think (?) he might have sang some Mexican songs and I know we were PLANNING on having drunk-sex but it all goes really fuzzy and I'm pretty sure one of us went to pray to the toilet gods. I don't know if it was me or him or both? AND I don't remember the next day until late afternoon when I woke up and saw the offending Tequila bottle smirking at me from the kitchen table - and thinking to myself "OH MY GAWD it's almost ALL GONE!!"

Tequila isn't good for 45 minutes and if those people go "TODO LA NOCHE!" I think we're in for some problems. Cuz damn.


Just.

No.

9 comments:

jenny said...

There is a spanish group called Tequila, are you sure they mean the alcohol or the band?? When I was in school, I was in a traveling road show and we got invited to perform in Argentina, and we met this group called Tequila and they invited us on stage to perform with them. I have no idea what the hell we sang but it involved miming drinking from a bottle!! And we were high school kids!!

But yeah, I drank 21 shots of tequila on my 21st birthday. I hugged the toilet and the world went tipsy on me. NEVER AGAIN!

Kellysmakeupandmore said...

Well I can say I have never drank Tequila but now that I read this IM SCARED!!! to
the only times my husband has drank it was when he is sick
they say if u drank a shot that if u have the flu or something you can get better!!!
idk I never tried it... every time I get sick which is not often he always says drink some Tequila I said HELL TO THAT NO!!!!
I don't want to be in the bathroom all night lol bc that is what will happen...I can drink but not that stuff!
Its to hard core for me!!!

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Jenny - This is Mexico, they kinda love their Tequila - the drink :P And EEEEEEEWWWWW 21 shots? Gaaallllg I'm glad you didn't get poisined! For my kids 21st birthday I'm going to insist on BEING there so I can watch her ass! :)

Kelly - It's all in moderation - but we weren't practicing that :P So your husband had weird Mexican sick-cures too? Gotta love em! :P

Hillary said...

kinda like tres mujers...they tell you that it helps you and if you drink a shot every morning, it will have like a calming affect on you all day. i think it just gives u a buzz so you're just kinda chillen instead. Tequila though, gah. that shit is all over the place. i think anything w/ tequila is a bad idea.
So is their independance day anything like ours? Or do they make it a bigger deal? More drunks? haha.

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Hillary - It all depends on how big the city is but yeah, a lot of people have the day off and in the bigger places people have fireworks shows. In smaller places people have their own fireworks and everywhere people are shooting guns off tword the sky. One thing that's different, they line up in Plazas and one at a time men line up and take their turn yelling "VIVA MEXICO" as loud as they can at the flag, and then they do the mexcian scream. :P

Upstate Broad said...

Gringa, Having nothing to do with tequila at all, I just wanted to let you know what you have DONE to me! I've been struggling with insomia for a few days and I needed something really simple to do for dinner, because I can't handle too many steps in this state. So dinner tonight consisted of Wonder Bread, mustard, Miracle Whip, lettuce, and BOLOGNA! You definitely wouldn't approve, but I threw in a slice of tomato and a slice of cheese. It's been 27 years, and this is all your fault!

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

OH Upstate, I'm so proud I can barely stand it. REALLY?? :) OH you've made my night for sure, lordy that's just to great! Eeeeee!!!! And hey, tomato - yummy fancy! :P I can't get over it, REALLY? 27 years! Well I guess you're over the traumatizing experience, and I'm glad to have helped :P

And YOU'LL be happy to know I went so far as to get M&M's premium yesterday :P They're not Godiva but they're actually pretty creamy and good. I also picked up a gourmet chocolate bar with popcorn and chocolate creame inside - and I loved it. Perhaps there's hope for all of us? :)

Refried Dreamer said...

what is with you???

Me n Tequila are inseparable.In fact, I had a few shots last nite.

I'm rethinking our online friendship. ;)

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Refried - You're just tougher than me, I'm a weenie. :PPP