Thursday, September 17, 2009


I snapped this picture in the morning while in line to get across the border. This dude has two stickers on the back of his SUV - one supporting deer hunting, and the other? The other sticker is in reference to the "Patron Saint of Drug Dealers" that people here have dedicated to protect them against law enforcement. Honest to goodness no joke they really did make a saint for just that, to protect drug dealers from the law. I can't make this shit up.

Anyhow I see people all over down here with those type of stickers on the back of their vehicles and I try my best not to cut them off in traffic or flip them off if they cut ME off.
I never expected to see a drug dealer that's also an avid deer hunter. For some reason it just doesn't go together for me. I come from a family of avid hunters and have stalked through the woods, gun in hand, looking for Bambi myself quite a few times. The image of "deer hunter" and scary-ass-cartel-drug-dealer just don't seem to go together in my head. If it was a Budweiser sticker accompanying the deer it would all make sense, but no.

Ah well, I guess we come in all types? I've seen the gay-rainbow stickers next to BUSH stickers so it's not that far of a stretch. People are crazy.

15 comments:

jeremy said...

i bet the person who put the gay rainbow sticker next to the bush sticker was probably a very confused lesbian. probably.

Kellysmakeupandmore said...

Whoa thats they only thing that REALLY scares me about coming to mexico!
THEM DRUG DEALERS!!!!
IDK they would freak me out if I seen one,
oh well u cant be scared of everything though....
but what makes me block the scary stuff about coming to mexico is the good things about it! which there are some good things....
I just have to think of them lol
ill get back to you!!!!

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Jeremy - She WAS a lesbian!? And she was also AGAINST the right to choose. I'd be confused too.

Kelly - Hey you're getting it now, thank god. Good things. . . food. At least we've got good food.

~ellen~ said...

This is awesome! I love your photos from Mexico. I have never been to Mexico, the touristy parts OR the real parts.

I would never have imagined a saint to protect drug dealers. Holy crapmuffins, it's like a foreign country or something! :)

I also love that you are posting so often. Yay! Keep it up!!

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Ellen - Why Thank You!! Eeeeeeeee!! And yeah, crapmuffins it IS a forein country - you crack me up :) OH!! And thank you for saying something about how often I post - I've been wondering if it's driving people crazy or if they like it - I'm glad you like it ! :)

Krissie said...

I love how you go and shoot Bambis. Can't wait till you share that piece of info with your baby girl, now can you?

Krissyface said...

I used to have a bumper sticker that said, "Heavy Flow: It's Great to Menstruate".
Which is apropos of nothing, but I thought I'd share.

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Krissie - What are you doing up so late? And yes, I'll be taking her to the shooting range as soon as she's old enough to hold a gun. First mama's gonna teach her handguns and then we'll move on to rifles and hunting. I'm cool like dat. :P

Krissieface - say wha? I'm a little slow, sometimes I have to wait to "get" things. DUDE did you for realz put that on your car though??? OMG !! :P

Krissie said...

Late? It's 9.50pm.

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Krissie - oh - :P - well then blog damn it. :PPPPPP

Sunshine said...

OMG! I had no clue that's what that meant...Geez

Leslie Limon said...

It's things like Valverde or whatever the drug dealers saint's name is, that make me not want to convert to Catholicism ever! Plus, it's also one of the reasons my hubby converted to being a Christian. :)

And very cool that you're posting so often. I wish had the time, but with 4 kiddies and my hubby, I need atleast another 4 hours added to my day.

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Sunshine - YES! And the same thing in all of those crazy head-shop looking things where you can buy all the witches potions - you know, the ones that sell all of those skeleton statues? That's the guy, all those skeletons and grim reapers. GAH. (well maybe not all of them, I think there's a Saint Dead that people pray to too but I'm fuzzy on it) Anyways, stay out of those shops.

Leslie Limon - Aww that's great about your husband! I was lucky enought to get mine as a blank slate, and I got to mold him strait in to Jesus. :P Ok and I know I've told you like way too many times but I love LOVE your cooking blog!! If you don't want me to blow up your comments section everytime I make one of your dishes (with OMGOMG LESLIE I LOVE YOU FOREVER!!) you might want to tell me so now. :P

jeremy said...

bush. lesbians like bush. like, your bush. you know. pubes.

come on hor. get your head in the game.

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Jeremy - OMG right??? Dude, how long has it been since I've written a dirty post? I really have lost it, how sad.