Thursday, September 24, 2009

Poncho Protection Plan

Say THAT 5 times as fast as you can! :P

Last night (did you do it? did you say it 5 times as fast as you can? I totally just did it - anyways, ok) while I was waiting to go pick up Chino from work I was sitting on the couch dinking around with my blog and I noticed that all of a sudden it turned dark outside. I peeked my head out the door expecting rain but was surprised by a dust storm! A REAL one! Coooool. We don't have those where I come from so I thought it was neato. I went outside to take a picture though and got sand blasted in my eyes and it actually hurt the bare skin of my legs! Who knew?

It started to rain so I came back in the house to get a poncho so I could go out and bring all of my plants in out of the rain. I'd leave them out but they would all wash away when it starts to flood. Coming out of the extra room with my poncho, our front door slowly started to open up all on it's own. I was alone and immediately freaked out and assumed someone had come to "get" me.

In the split second before I realized that it was just the wind - because I didn't latch the door all the way - I went into some sort of crazy survival mode and decided that I would kill whoever was coming after me - with the poncho.

Honest to god I thought in my head "I'll wound 'em with the poncho." It was still in it's plastic bag and the edge was plasticy-sharp. Kinda. Not really. Two images flashed through my head, beating the man with the poncho - and after realizing that wouldn't work - slashing at his throat with the poncho. I even went so far as to test the heft of the package and do a practice mini-swing to get the feel of it.


A PONCHO!

*Kramer crazy freak out exasperated dance*

Gaahhhh. After my split second of 15 different thoughts I finaly realized that duh, it was just the wind blowing in the door.

"Oh." . . .


"Sorry Poncho, not today."

Ah well, at least I know that in a bind I can be a helluva bad-ass - or at least convince myself that I am.
And maybe it would be a good idea to wear the Mace my step-mom talked me into buying - around my neck. That way I can spray down the door if it scares me again. That'll teach it.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Its always good to have a plan in situations like that! LMAO!!!

Krissie said...

Gotta get me one of those ponchos for when mean boys scare the crap outta me in aquariums. It happens!

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Krisit - Mace, definety Mace.

Krissie - Riiigghhhttt, screw the poncho you just keep snugglin up to that MAN for protection. :P

Kellysmakeupandmore said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kellysmakeupandmore said...

LOL!!! you are SO FUNNY!! sorry im just now catching up on ur blogs work is REALLY crazy right now and im tired when i get home, ugh but its money and i like money lol
I wish i could have seen u do that I would have fell on the floor laughing lol