Thursday, November 19, 2009

Silly Pot-Head, Threats are for Bitches

Last week we had some stage-set-up-dudes staying at the hoe-tell while they were here preparing for a children's dinosaur show. We've got a 100% no-smoking policy here - signs are posted everywhere, and guests sign a big scary paper that says if they smoke in the room they'll be charged a $250.00 fine. It's not rocket science and you'd think folks would obey, but no, and the roadies were no exception.

The morning they checked out the housekeeper called down to say that there was someone smoking in room 209 and asked if I could please come check it out because in addition to the cigarettes she smelled something . . . funny. LOL I went to check it out and she was trying really hard to pretend that she just did NOT understand what this "funny" smell was or the strange papers left behind and the even stranger little seeds left on the table. I laughed at her to cut the tension and told her that it was OK, that I knew it was Marijuana and I'd take care of it.

I called the stage set up company and informed them that I'd need to fine them for a smoking violation, (leaving out the strange smell part) told them which employees did it (it would apparently be coming out of their paychecks) and went about my business.

Not ten minutes after I hung up with the boss though, I got a phone call. She'd called the violators to let them know they'd be short on their checks and this guy was apparently pissed and decided to do something about it. Silly. Silly dread-locked man.

He started yelling at me as soon as I picked up the phone and swore up, down and all around that he didn't smoke in the room. I told him I'd witnessed the ashes and leave-behinds myself and he tried to suggest that the housekeeper did it. "There wasn't anything there when I left." "So where did you FIND this stuff in the room?" He was a pretty obvious liar and being a dick but I figured I'd play along and give him an exit so he'd hang up and let me go on about my day. I proposed that maybe it wasn't HIM, maybe it was his roommate and he was somehow *cough cough* clueless. The idiot got even more pissed and kept going on about how he didn't SEE ANYTHING so I suggested maybe his roommate did it after he left. (Just grab the bone already!)

But no. He kept prattling on arguing and getting shitty and really REALLY wrapping himself up around a pole of lies - lol - so fast that I'm pretty sure he contradicted himself about three times in this 7 minute conversation. All of a sudden though he stopped yelling at me and decided to go about his next order of business. He forgot some of the company's equipment in his room (gee wonder why?) and wanted to know how I was going to get it back to him.

Seriously? He just yelled at me and now needs a favor? Gaah. I told him I'd be happy to ship it to him C.O.D. He seemed really paranoid about this part (I'm guessed the company wouldn't be too happy) but gave me his home address and demanded I send it out that same day. (sssuuuuurrrree) He went on to bitch at me some more about the smoking charge and started to get whiny and cry-baby about it stating that the last guys that did this got fired and if HE got fired I'd be sorry and hung up on me.

That pissed me off.

Gonna threaten the pregnant lady just trying to do her job and earn min-wage fuck face? Let's just see where that gets you.

SO! I called his boss back up, put on my best oh-dear-oh-my-I'm-so-upset voice and blabbed everything. I started off business like informing her that I didn't appreciate disgruntled phone calls from her employee and OHH-by-the-way would she prefer me to send the forgotten stage equipment directly to the company instead of to the employee's home??? She was pretty pissed herself about the nasty phone call and assured me that she knew it was inappropriate and was quite grateful to hear about the lost stage parts. She started making a bit of small talk about how stupid these guys are to smoke and gave me a perfect little IN for me to go into hush-hush just-between-you-and-me by the way mode and tell her that it wasn't cigarettes.

She was VERY interested in hearing that her employee was smoking the wacky-tobacky and I added in what I felt was my final kick in the ass by coming out with "Gosh, and these guys are high while setting up stage equipment for a children's show." "I'd be worried about just what they might be messing up, lord knows you wouldn't want things dropping from the ceiling." "GOLLY."

Hmm. You know? It's been a couple weeks and I'm somehow not sorry. I guess mr. pot-head was just full of hot air when he threatened me. Who woulda thunk it?

Fucker.
(P.S. I don't have a problem with pot heads - to each their own in a safe environment, none of my business - but he pissed me off.)

10 comments:

Suki said...

NEVER threaten a pregnant lady. EVER.

Especially if you're a pot-head in danger of getting caught. Silly-assed child.

I have nothing against pot either, but bullying is totally different :x

Miracle Pending said...

Wow, I've never encountered a pot head with such mean manners. Maybe he was on other things too? Sorry you have to deal with people like this. I could never handle a crackhead pregnant. I'm so sensitive, every time anybody even raises his/her voice I start crying. Haha

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Suki - what an idiot right!?

Miracle Pending - I know what you mean, they're usually so laid back! Maybe his roomate really WAS the culprit, but if so he should have said something (and not been a dick.)

Lol accept for a few weeeiiirrd times where I've busted out bawling for not really any good reason at all during this pregnancy - I actually think it's helped me grow some BALLS! How cool is that right!? :P I hope you don't have to deal with many voice-raisers, but if so you could always call or e-mail me and I'd be happy to take care of them for you :D

Refried Dreamer said...

Pregnant bitches are lethal.

Lauren said...

Oh man! I still hope you have them balls after the baby is born!! I think I lost mine somewhere...

I remember while pregnant some lady cut me off while fluffing her hair in her rearview mirror...it took everything in my power not to follow her and beat her! You just DON'T mess with the pregnant ladies!!

Ritamg said...

And we just read a story in class about "One good deed deserves another." Hee hee hee.

Kristi said...

I bet that idiot is no longer working for the stage company!!

She-She said...

I'm not into other women but I think I love you!

Men are so stupid to threaten a woman much less a preggie one. Don't they get that we bitches rule the world?

Ya rock girl!

Sheila

Sparx said...

Man, I love your sense of revenge... and NEVER threaten the prego lady, Suki has it right!!

Andrea Bailey said...

I am so in love with this post hahahahaha i read it twice