Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Things get hectic when you move to a new house - life is hectic when you're going to have a baby in 6 weeks - and I imagine life after said baby will be a tad beyond hectic. Like, Hell-ctic. So what do we do to remedy some of this?

Buy a puppy.

Yes. Because a puppy is EXACTLY what we need right now.

But look at him. Oh my god. Heavens to Betsy. Betsy would go to hell for this puppy if she had to. (And if not, then Betsy is obviously a heartless tramp.)

We want even more security for our new house and we thought (Chino thought, thinks) that a good scary dog would do the trick. See that sweet wittle face? That's a sweet wittle Pit Bull face - ISN'T HE SCARY!?? You would totally not rob our house if you saw that in the yard.

LOL I love little bastard already and actually called into work yesterday (I never EVER call into work) to stay home and keep him alive because I was convinced he was dying. Poor little thing would have died had I not trekked across the border for special formula and then force-fed him all day. I even took him to the vet over here in Mexico - all by myself - and used my limited vocabulary and miming skillz to explain that my puppy was trying to kick the bucket.

A few shots, some medicine by mouth, copious amounts of force-fed formula and having him sleep with me because he was cold and then getting up at 1:30am, 3:30am, 4:30am and 5am to let him potty and shove some water down his throat - and what do I get???

SHIT! I got puppy shit that was more shit than it was water (hhooorraay!!) which means he's already getting better and my efforts are paying off. I've never been so proud of a pile of shit in my life.

I haven't got enough sleep in about 4 days and now Chino is getting sick as well (God help me) but I feel surprisingly fine. Did I mention I'm about to pop out a half breed? I'm pretty sure I'm a bad ass. AND! I've got an idea that I might just survive when Daisy is born. Even though I was dead tired last night and really DO need to get some proper rest, I wasn't pissed or even cranky about getting up to nurse him along. If the cat woke me up all night long meowing because she was bored I might kill her - but the puppy is sick and I LOVE him like a bandit so it makes things different. I didn't know that I'm capable of being sleep deprived and not turning into an evil woman in need of an exorcism. This is exciting!

OH and p.s. I need a name for my puppy. I've been calling him "Pooper," and will continue to do so until I find something else - and obviously I need something else. Chino wants to name him "Frijol" (not frijole, just frijol (free-hole) which means bean. OR he wants to call him "Pinto" like the bean. Really living up to that "Beaner" image there husband.

I can't say frijol without thinking of Bevis and Butthead saying "cornhole" "CORNHOLIO!!" and Pinto just reminds me of a shitty car. Help us. Help the sweet puppy not be a beaner or a defecator.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duke, than you will have Daisy and Duke. So cute! They can grow up together. Your going to be a great mother.

Upstate Broad said...

Lima? Garbanzo? Soy? Kidney? Fava?

But if you're going to pair the name with Daisy's, I'd go for Abner. I think I'm remembering that right. Wasn't it Daisy Mae & L'il Abner?

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Anon - LOL what a way to bring the hillbilly to Mexico! :P But thank you, thank you for the compliment :)

Upstate - Abner? I've never heard of the ref. (is it the Bev. Hillbillies?) But I like it. Don't ask me WHY but I actually like that name a lot. It sounds wise or something :P

"Fava" *snort* If only I were a gay man.

Upstate Broad said...

Not Beverly Hillbillies, but along those lines. Old time cartoon - from the "funny papers," not TV. L'il Abner, Daisy Mae, Mammy Yokum, Dogpatch. The name of the strip was actually "L'il Abner." Ever attend a "Sadie Hawkins" dance in high school, where the girls are supposed to ask the guys? That strip is where it comes from. Sadie was an old maid, desperate for a man and endlessly chasing them. It would actually be the perfect irony for somebody of your background. Google it. Ask your folks.

Vadose said...

hahahaha... you got a puppy just like us, cuz a baby doesn't make enough poop to clean up after! ya gotta add a puppy to the mix! Just don't let the mean street dogs get near it or it'll end up dead like our Goblin did. T_T

What about "Duende"?

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Thanx Upstate ! - I Googled it, started reading and came across this lil diddy - "Wal cuss mah bones!"

AHHH I've never heard that one before! I love it! :P I'm so gonna use it.

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Vadose - OH NO! I remember the first puppy post and thinking "OMG no she didn't!!" But I didn't catch the second - I am so sorry that's terrible. And you're right, there are a ton of street dogs, I better make sure he stays in the fence.

jeremy said...

i guess, living in mexico, you couldn't have gotten a cat instead. for obvious reasons.

Refried Dreamer said...

how adorable!!! we have a pit down here too and EVERYONE is scared of our clumsy dog. glad u got the much needed security!

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Jeremy - Knowing you there's a multitude of meanings that could go with this comment but I asume you mean because you think they eat cat. *Sigh* That's CHINESE people J. get your races right - we eat horse and donky down here, not cat, cat's don't feed a family of 20. DUH.

Refried - "Adorable" Yes, security indeed. :P

Kristi said...

Bu no means am I a dog person, but I wouldn't be able to resist that little face either! So glad you are helping him to get better....was he even old enough to leave his mom yet???

Sunshine said...

Ohhhh...how sweet! where did u get him? We were talking about getting a perro! I saw some cockers in Progresso today..they wanted $180 usd though! He will be a great guard dog! Now...we gotta get together...B-day party at out house sat...wanna come!

Lauren said...

Just wait until you get excited over baby poop!

I'm new to your blog, was drawn in by the title alone. I have been in many similar situations and I, too, have a half-breed daughter!

Looking forward to future reads!

-Lauren

Larry Prater said...

Your little dog just couldn't be any cuter. I like the name Pinto, it describes his colors. Within a few months no one will rob you again, with that dog there. It is good he can grow up with little Daisy.

On Mexican Time said...

OMG - I want one!!! I keep saying that about babies, puppies, etc... He is sooooooooo cute!

What about Capone? LOL - now that would suit a guard dog!

I am seriously thinking about getting myself a pupp here soon, and a baby!! LOL!!

Refried Dreamer said...

my sis has a pit named Capone. Fit for a guard dog! Another one is Chopper...

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Kristi - You know I think he's a tad small to be away from mamma - he's always looking for a titty and doesn't know how to drink water yet. BUT, we bought him at the vets office FROM the vet himself so I thought it would be fine. :P Who knew?

Sunshine - You can get them waaaaayyyy cheaper if you head away from the down-town border areas. They asked 800 (pesos) for Pooper and C. got him down to 650, but in town they were running 2500! Big difference!

Lauren! HI !!! :) LOL my Mom said the same thing about the baby poop. :P Thank You for being here and Thank You for commenting! I LOVE new folks :)

Mr. Larry - So you like the name? Well, if you like it then maybe I'll give in, it IS better than "Pooper." :P

O.M.T. - You crack me up :P And Capone! HAAHAH that's a good one! I'll make a list of all the gangsta movie names I can think of and take those to C. - He's a man, he will love the idea! :)

Refried - Chopper - aaawwwwwwwwww - the little shit does like to bite :P

Refried Dreamer said...

We made the same mistake with our pup. We got him at 5 weeks... early, i know. Good part is, we got to train him from day one. Bad part, the puppy didn't have a chance to learn crucial social skills from his mom... like nipping, jumping, correct playing. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but when you throw your kids into the picture and your growing pup is habitually humping your son, it can develop into a problem. We waited till he was 4 months, and then put him with a trainer so that my 4 year old (at the time.) could easily put him in an alpha roll.

Fishsticks and Fireflies said...

After all of that, you are more than prepared for anything that a newborn can throw at you!

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Refried - OH THATS FUNNY!!! Our pup was playing last night shaking his rag-toy like a little killer and I told my husband - "You know, we're going to have to teach him to be a dog, the only other examples he has are our Chihuahua and the cats. The cats are more brave than the damn chi-wa-wee-yah." SO, I was right? AND he might start humping us???? :P Oh lordy. So the trainer worked well? Thank you for the heads up :)

F & F - For real? I could survive being a mom if it's not much worse than this was, I could totally do it! There is HOPE for me yet!!!! :P :) Daisy, you might have a chance.

~ellen~ said...

Oh my God, just wook at the widdle tummy!

Wook at the widdle puppy tummy!!

:)

PuertoVallartaGirl said...

You are a brave woman to have 2 babies at once.

gringa_mexi said...

So, you're gonna name him frijolio??? LMFAO...