Thursday, January 7, 2010

Come Out With Your Hands UP !

My baby is already a Felon.

She always sleeps with her hands held up in surrender - do all babies do this? It cracks me up but more so because in the Hospital she wore an ankle bracelet monitor for the first day of her life EXACTLY like the kind that people on house arrest wear - just in miniature.

Do they do that everywhere? I mean REALLY?? The nurse even told me to make sure not to mess with it or try and take it off or try and leave the building with it because an alarm would go off signaling that my baby was being stolen. Before we left they even scanned her and my bracelets to make sure I was taking the right baby - yes the lit brown baby was indeed mine - before we could leave.

It was surprising to say the least and unfortunately my jokes about my felon baby and her list of crimes fell flat on the nurses ears. Bitches, ah well I was at least amused.

And by the way the little green hair bow? I SO did not buy that or put it in her hair. Her Daddy bought it from a street vendor that was coming house to house selling various wares a couple of weeks ago. It was so cute, Chino came back in the house after going out to answer a knock at the fence sporting a couple of sparkly girlie hair bows and went strait to Daisy to put one in her hair, he was so proud, it was just too damn sweet.


Lucky for her SOMEONE cares that she's a girl and has hair - me? - yeah not so much, I've got no freaking CLUE what I'm supposed to do with her hair.

Am I supposed to be brushing it? It doesn't have knots or anything but am I supposed to be at least parting it or combing it one way? Do 3 week olds need a hair style? MY HAIR HAS BEEN THE SAME hippie down the middle part since I was like 4 years old and I have NO CLUE what I'm supposed to do with Daisy. Do they have baby hair styles? Can't we just be glad she has clothes on??? (P.S. Amanda she's totally wearing the sleeper you got for her in this pic, so cute and SO CONVIENIENT to change diapers! You're so smart! Thank You :) )

17 comments:

Upstate Broad said...

She sure has enough hair to support her little doodads! They say that babies with a lot of hair give their mommies more indigestion and heartburn in the last trimester. So how did you make out in that regard?
My sister's younger daughter had so little hair, and so fine and so blond to boot, that by the time she was 2 she was absolutely insistent that she wear dresses every day, she was that annoyed by always being mistaken for a boy. More irritating - that didn't always help!

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh, how cute! It's probably nice for her to be able to sleep surrender-style considering how long she's been cramped up in your gut! I always felt bad swaddling Audrey, but her little flailing limbs woke her up too many times.

I should post my daughter's 10-week picture in my blog, I stuck a bow in her hair as she had a ton of it and it all stuck STRAIGHT UP! I used hair wax to try to plaster it down, and it barely worked. Luckily it looks like Daisy won't have that problem!

La Familia Garcia said...

Wow, she looks so different with clothes on and all beautied up! SO beautiful! IF you don't mind, I'd love to get your address and send her something that came to my mind as soon as I saw her!! IF you don't mind e-mail me? garcianb@gmail.com

Vadose said...

She's ultra cute.

And yeah, my li'l boy slept that way, arms up, for months. Hands open, too.

As soon as he has enough hair, I'm giving my baby a mohawk. Or maybe just a fauxhawk. If I can. Poor child was born with thin, limp, blond hair like his mama, and everyone calls him guero... Then it all fell out and I'm waiting for it to grow back in. So watch out, Baby Pattern Baldness is a real thing. hahaha

She's adorable!

kadiphd said...

Congratulations! She is really amazing!

Am looking forward to the same one day, an Estonian-Mexican couple as we are, so your blog is fantastically educational, believe it or not.

PS - I suppose it is normal for BABIES to sleep hands-up, my Mexican friend still does that, at 35 years of age!!! You think THAT is normal? not even cute... ah, ok, it IS cute...

~ellen~ said...

She's so adorable! I'm so happy for you three.

I love that Chino's buying her presents already, he's so cute. :)

jenny said...

urgh!Such a cutie pie!! I'm like you, I never knew what to do with their hair so I never did a thing with my girls' hair, it was too fine to do anything with anyway. But I have learned that babies who have their hair played with earlier seem to not pull the rubberbands and barrettes out when they are older-- like my girls do! Argh! they look so cute when I spend time to french-braid their hair, or put it up in cute pig-tails or little palm trees on top, and I garan-damn-tee ya, within 5 minutes, they take it all out. Why do I even try?!? I'm going to have fun with Baby's hair! I can shave it all off, give him a flat top, maybe a mohawk.... I think there's more fun with boy hair, cuz you can shave it if it looks funny. It's almost time for his first haircut and I am seriously leaning for a mohawk cut!! eeeeeee! it'll be so cute! LOL

Anonymous said...

Yes, my son slept the same way for a few months. It was so cute. And yes again...our hospital had the ankle bracelets too. Better that way than to have someone steal your baby! That would be awful. And they always checked the bracelets when bringing or taking the baby out of the room. Always! By the way...Daisy is adorable and you are very lucky to have such a cute bundle of joy in your family!

Krissie said...

Oh dear God, she's adorable! I hate you for that. I was looking forward to mocking an ugly baby with the mother's blessing for once. You took all my fun away!

Yes, you're supposed to brush her hair with the soft haired brush, and yes, all babies sleep with hands up in the air. Seriously, who allowed you to become a mother?! :P

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Krissie - God forgot to make retarded people sterile, his bad. :P And don't worry I'm busy taking 150 pics a day and I'm making an ugly face file just for you :P

Sunshine said...

Arms up is soooo normal, she is sooo pretty Gringa....she's getting so big since i saw her last. Your going to have so much fun with her hair...just wait!

Sunshine said...

OhOh...she is so in that box.....lol how cute! Great idea mama!lol

Kristi said...

She is adorable, that hair is amazing (although i have no idea how you would actually "do" it

Suki said...

I want her, I want her! I must be ovulating.

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Sunshine - LOL the box was your idea so Thank YOU :P And lol we had to get her a bigger one this week, she grew out of the first one :P

Kristi - I've no clue, the poor baby. :)

Suki - Little Mrs. Psychoanalyst wants a BAYYY - BEEEE :P

Sparx said...

yay hair - charlie lost all of his about two weeks after he was born and then he looked like the o pee chee boy for like, a year.

She's really really fucking cute your girl, she's gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Thank u :) look at this emo boy hair on this blog:
http://emo--boys.blogspot.com