Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Guest Bloggers Can Suck It

I hate "Guest Blogger" posts.

If I go to a website to read a blog it's because I like THAT person and THAT person's writing style and what THAT person has to say. It pisses me off when I get to a favorite site, see a new post, get all excited and then see "Oh btw I let my total bff do a post today because I'm too busy so here you go! Isn't my friend the best!??"

No, no your friend is not the best and I'll probably hate them even if they really are great just because I'm disappointed and childish and pissed off that I don't get to read the person that I was looking forward to reading.

If you're too busy to post just don't post. If you really want me to know about your bff and how great they are just put them in your link list because if I think you're the shit then I'll most likely check out your link list in search of other goldmines.

Have you ever noticed though that some of THE coolest people you like to read have some of the shittiest blog links? (Have I pissed off everyone yet? I'm really on a roll here, shit.) Out of 20 blog links I might find one - MAYBE - that I'll think is actually cool, but truth be told I don't usually become a repeat reader. Why IS that? I don't get it.

12 comments:

Sparx said...

Haha!!! It's because blog lists are often reciprocal... I have people in my list I barely read but they're regular commenters and seem like nice people and so there go their blogs... er... bit pansy-assed aren't I?

Lauren said...

Orrr...they add you to their blog list so your blogetiquette self adds them! I must say though, looking through others blog lists is what leads me to find sooooo many great blogs. Like yours! LOL!

I must admit, I get a little disappointed myself when someone I soooooo wanted to read has "friend" step in!!! Like really?? Get your own damn blog! Like the sandwich guy says...

jill said...

I hear ya, sister!

Sgt said...

Here I came to ask you to guest blog for me.. but forget it now!!!!!

LOL

Ritamg said...

I didn't know you could blog for someone else. I don't update mine often. Will you write something for me? (tee hee)

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Sparx - Ok so I totally get that and. . . do I do that? . . . Hmmm. No comment.

Lauren - If someone really thinks their friend is the shit they should MAKE them a blog! :P

Jill - :D

Sgt. - You still come round here? Damn Sarge, you're a trooper to put up with all of my crazy vagina complaining poor sweet husband bashing posting as of late. :) You're so cool.

Rita - With your tramin these days you've got MORE than enough fodder! ;)

Vegas Linda Lou said...

OMG, I so don't want to piss you off. But I feel the same way about guest bloggers. (Although I did have my sister guest blog once.) (And my boyfriend.) Shit, I'm one of those people you hate. And now I hate myself, too.

Sgt said...

Oh Lindy, you know I could never quit you ;-P

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

V.L.Lou - You're so conflicted, it's awesome :D

Sgt. - Oh Sgt. *Soap Opera Stare*

Sunshine said...

OMG...u blew the lid with Rita.....bawhaaahaaaaaaa...Rita I still luv u though!

Lauren said...

You should create a "Pregnancy/Birth/After Baby Shit they don't tell you about" blog and have nothing but guest bloggers. I've recently come to discover some after baby shit about my body that I am most displeased with... That no one told me about.

darth sardonic said...

i seriously laughed my ass off! i have to go put it back on and then i will finish this comment.

there duct tape in place.

yeah, i was just thinking i need to update my pals list as half of em haven't posted in forever. and i am with sparx, they comment, they seem cool, i add em. most times.

never had a guest blogger, and have almost never read a guest blogger's post. does that make me an ass? oh well, fuck it. someone's gotta do it.