Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Dirty Hotel Secrets: Part 5

Just when I think I can't find ANYTHING else that's disgusting about the hotel industry I stumble upon yet another gross find. This time? Shampoo and Conditioner. And lotion. O.M.G.

You know the little bottles of the worlds shittiest shampoo, conditioner and lotion we all find in our hotel rooms and for some reason go bat shit over and insist on using and usually taking home with us? I've noticed that the housekeepers here bring back the partially used bottles that the guests leave behind in their rooms and deposit them in a box everyday. At the last place I worked the housekeepers did the same thing but it was because they were allowed to take them home with them - here - not so much.

HERE we collect them to REFILL them. Refill them as in leave the unused soap inside and just add some more from a gigantic bottle of equally cheap dollar store brand that my boss purchased for us.

Does she ask us to clean out the old product and sterilize the bottles? HA, no. Nope, that would be a waste of product and water so I was told to merely fill em up.

The laughable part is that she bought pearlized white products to go into the clear blue shampoo and the green conditioner. They don't even bother to match the colors! What the hell!? After filling them all up I got the bright idea to just throw them all into the dryer on "cold" air and let 'em whirl around a bit and mix things up to one uniform color. DO YOU SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME?? They're turning me into a conniving beotch! A couple of them broke (inside the pillow case I put them in in the dryer) so at least I had an excuse to wash them but, well, ew.

Ew. Ew. What is WRONG with these people? ? ? They own 13 succesfull hotels and are SO not hurting for money, even during the recession they've done fine, so this is just rediculous. And it's not like they're trying to be "green" - hell no.

I just.

I can't.

*Sigh*


It's bad enough they make us re-use not only the room keys but the PAPER sleeves we give them to people in but now this? Do they not care a ALL about spreading germs? God only KNOWS what we're passing around! Of course what's a little dirty paper slip compared to not washing the blankets I don't know, but it get's to me all the same. (if you missed the posts about that stuff you'll see links on my sidebar to the first 4 instalments of horror)

Sonsofbitches.

9 comments:

Krissie said...

I was eating breakfast while reading this. Just thought you should know.

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

You should know better than to read my site while eating. And you know it - so there.

:)

gringationcancun said...

Why does this not bother me? I guess since the previous guests never touched what's still in the bottle, I don't think about germs. it is false advertising though... when they refill it with a cheap brand.

I will say that at the hotel where I did my housekeeping internship a few years back, they gave everyone fresh bottles of everything.

Sgt said...

Good to know. I'll have to remember to half fill my shampoo bottles with peroxide before leaving. Then when the next guess complains about their new blond do... they may change the policy a bit.

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

gringa - lol it's ok, I just don't like the fact that they were in the shower washing themselves while they were holding the bottles. Who knows what they were scrubbing before they picked up that bottle???? :D

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Sgt. - lol nah, they'd just try and sue the bottling company :D Iguess though, at least the half bottles come from people who DO clean themselves, that's something :D

Corey Jo said...

If it doesn't have the safty seal, I don't use it. I awlays bring my own pillow and a bottle of air freshner, and bottle of anti-microbrial fabreeze!! That usually covers the big stuff for me. Oh, and travel size lysol!! Never can be too carefull when you have kids with you. By myself, not usually so uptight. :D

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Corey - you're such a thoughtful Mom! I wish I could be half as conscious as you. Maybe some day, but probably not, Daisy better have a good immune system.

gringationcancun said...

Ew ew ew! I hadn't thought about the holding the bottle while scrubbing part. EWWWWWW