Sunday, July 18, 2010

I Like My Tea Green

I have no idea what the Tea Party Act... thing... is about. I seriously have zero time to watch t.v. - news included - and I'm not exactly a political-type person soooooo.... well I just have no clue. Every time I DO pass a television someone seems to be screaming about it and so therefore I'm a tad curious and I imagine I should probably care, but I don't.

I could be Googling it right now and reading all about it but I think it's more fun and a better use of my time to write about the fact that I'm clueless just to boggle your mind. ;P

It's funny how cut off a person can become when a baby comes into their life and I think expats like myself end up a tad more cut off - for the plain fact that nobody around us speaks English or cares much about English T.V. or U.S. politics. To tell you the truth though, I don't mind a bit. Whenever I'm at work and a customer starts up a conversation about current events - plane crashes, bombings, shootings, natural disasters and such - I thank my lucky stars I DON'T have time to watch t.v.

My husband has somehow figured out a way to bribe the baby into sitting and watching t.v. by his side - I HAVE NO FRIGGIN CLUE HOW THAT FREAK DOES IT - and so he's caught up on things, but we don't talk about it. Instead we talk about BABY. We talk about our baby or maybe the latest high-jinx of a friend or what disease our dog needs a shot for this week or how we're going to get our asses out of our current jam, but mostly -BABY.

Baby food in, baby food out, how cute baby is how evil baby is, baby's toys baby's stuff, baby's smile, laugh, fart, busted ass hair - ect.

Sometimes I think we need to get a life. Or is being all-consumed with one's new baby HAVING a life? Am I allowed to say a seven month old is a "new" baby still? When does the new wear off? Once again, I'm clueless. I DO know that I don't mind it though, and that that fact seems astronomically weird.

What the hell did we talk about before having Daisy and why do I not miss it?

What the hell do babies DO to a persons BRAIN!? Besides fry it all to hell. Fried. That's why we don't care about other things, we're freaking FRIED. Will we become un-fried 18-30 years from now when she moves out? WHAT THE HELL WILL WE TALK ABOUT THEN???

Who knows, but I'm damn sure it won't be the Tea Party.

10 comments:

Larry Prater said...

Lindy, you are the best mother. Little Daisy is so lucky to have you. And while I have never had a child, I think you have described very well what it is like to have a life. And I doubt if the new ever wears off, because she will always be growing and developing and acting in new ways. She will keep you young forever.

Ritamg said...

Trust me, each phase in the child's life brings new joy and new frustrations. But as far as total focus on child, it slooooooowly winds down as child becomes more independent. I still worry about my boys, 24 & 21, but not on an every day occurrence. I do miss the days of holding my babies in my arms and so I am happy you are enjoying every phase of your baby's life.

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Larry - You are tooooo kind. And I totally love you for it! Keep me young forever... lol I like that! And you can always borrow her if you're feeling any age-related symptoms! ;D

Rita - You can sooooo hold Daisy any time you're missing a baby!! Good lord take advantage PLEASE! ;D So though, we will start talking about other things? That's cool, good to know :)

Sunshine said...

Tea Party Act? Really is that in the news? What news? I dont even get a chance to watch TV in this house. Xbox is on 24/7 in the living room and the hubs has the TV in the bedroom. And mama is just let out!
Should we look it up. Cause you know I love my tea.
By the time the 3rd one comes along...you wont talk baby/child so much.
Heck you wont even worry about bath's and clean clothes or even changing diapers. You wont talk about where the baby should sleep, your just happy the baby is sleeping whether it be on the living room floor or your bed. You will be happy the kid finally feel asleep. You may talk about why has the baby had that same t-shirt on for 3 days. Should someone change it already? Naw...he's getting ready to get in the pool outside for his weekly bath. He's fine.
Kids keep you busy, but it's a fun busy.

Marlo said...

My only child, a son, is almost 20, almost 6 foot and 300# and I still refer to him as "my little boy", which is the phase a parent goes through right after the "baby" stage~ No different you just call them something else, yet it will still consume you until.. Hell I don't know~as soon as it no longer is the topic of our everyday lives I will let you know. P.S. you have a long ways to go :-)

jenny said...

Shoot! I live in the US and I have no idea what the tea party thing is about. I don't pay much attention to that stuff either.. too busy doing everything else to care about politics. When it's time to vote for the president, then I'll read up on bios and background stuff before I vote, otherwise, I leave it all to my husband.

4 kids later, let's see, we talk about how we can finally see the light at the end of the very looooong diaper tunnel; we still go back and forth on whose turn to change the poopy diaper; we talk about how much the kids eat-- "hungry again?!? I just fed you 5 minutes ago!"; we talk about the upcoming vasectomy for the husband (yay!!!!!); the clothes the kids wear; the vasectomy; poopy diapers; rash on the baby's butt; vasectomy; where's the sippy cup?; where are all the sippy cups???; and oh yeah, the vasectomy!

On Mexican Time said...

I have no children, and want one soooo badly. Heck, if it were up to my hubby we'd have 5 by now. LOL. Thank goodness he doesnt' make the rules. Hopefully it is my destiny to have children one day... heck, enjoy it as much as you can. I know you do :)

lolo-pimpschitt said...

You're lucky you're not single with a baby! Trying to mingle with people when going out (which I do very little of) and trying to find something to talk about other than kids is REALLY difficult! I was awkward before, but now I feel even more awkward around people without kids that it takes me FOREVER to warm up and find something relevant to discuss..so now I just resort to poking fun at people and making dirty jokes. It works for a little while and then the novelty wears off. Current events, as long as they are local, is something I'm somewhat caught up on. Current movies still in theaters? Forget it. I only go once a year if I'm lucky.

I guess the baby is no longer a new baby at one year old. I just got called out for calling my 18-month-old an infant.. She's apparently a Toddler now and I always forget.

Addi said...

My sister said that my son with no longer be a baby when he can have a full blown conversation and wipe his own butt...well that happened a few months ago when he got on the phone and chatted away with her (that was at 3) and yes the conversation is always baby...I hate talking to people without kids cause what the heck do you talk about...

Yup and I keep blaming DS for the weight gain...yeah that was 3 years I guess I have to take responcibility for that now...

Oh BTW totally off subject but right now Kmart is doing 50% off there already clearanced toys. Some great deals...not sure if you only sell clothes at the flea market or other stuff but I just got 49 toys for $200...

PuertoVallartaGirl said...

I think the honeymoon love hypnosis stops for me between 2 years and 4 and then its like some one get me a manny. or you get to enforce the 8:30 bedtime.