Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mommy Rut BE GONE!

I need to get out of the Mommy Rut. My appearence has made a turn for the better as of late but I had to be dragged kicking and screaming to do so. The school actually came to me and told me to buy some nicer shoes and iron my shirts. (WOW embarrasing) One teacher came to me and asked if she could help me do my makeup (in a nice way, she's pretty cool) and I realized that I had fallen pretty deep into the Mommy dead zone.

I was pretty pissy at the school because Mexicans are SUPER dressy-uppy and I thought I was doing FINE, just not lil-miss I-spend-2-hours-on-hair-and-tight-clothes-and-5-inch-heels. But when a sweet lil churchy lady comes and askes if you need help learning to put on eye shadow it's a bit of a wakeup call.

I'm back on the banwagon in that respect once more and truly feel better for it but I'm still feeling boring and rutty and like all I have to talk about is my baby and my students and being pregnant. There's more out there, I KNOW it.

Motherhood is wonderful and blah blah *angels sing* and what not, but I'll be damned if anybody can TRULY warn you or make you understand before having your first baby the true all encompasing nature of this beast.

If you're like I was before I had Daisy you're thinking ¨Whatever Gringa, I saw my Mom or my friend go through it and I've read the books and I HAVE a brain to know that it will be ¨life changing. Everyone says it's life changing.¨ The truth is you reeeaaalllly don't know. There's no way for ones brain to wrap around it until it happens and then when it DOES happen you're too worn out to figure out a way to explain it so you just look at people, shake your head and tell them ¨It's life changing.¨

GAAHHHHH!! I don't WANT to be all complainy and lame and boorrring! I want to be funny and have THINGS to talk about. LOL *POUT*

Did this happen to you other Moms? Did you lose yourself at first? Did you find yourself again after a while?

I guess I'm not all gone....I still drool over sexy singers and slap my husbands fanny after a shower. I eat too much junk food and spaghettio's. I've found time to read again and I AM blogging again....that's something. Maybe this is the road back???

WHO KNOWS???

I'll have a bologna sandi and think bout it. Or not think. NO thinking, just bologna.

9 comments:

MaryLuna said...

I am so glad you are posting more and more now! I have never commented about your blog but I have been reading your blog for a few months now and I keep checking every day for something... some sign of life! I was so sad to see you too busy to post. I actually went back and read ALL of your blog just to get my gringa fix... sad isn't it :(

In regards to the dressing up/makeup stuff... we all have our moments. Heck, I don't even have a husband or a baby as an excuse, but I still don't dress up as much as I should. This week I bought myself some new clothes though so I can dress up a little more. It makes me feel better about myself too, but when asking myself in the morning if I would rather wake up early and do my hair or stay in bed a few extra minutes... ponytail it is!

BTW, now that I got brave enough to post I gotta say I love your sense of humor and I totally get you experience in Mexico. My mom and dad are Mexican, but I grew up in the U.S. so it was kind of a culture shock when I first was down there for a visit. I mean, I grew up with Mexican traditions, food, music, the spanish language and all that but Mexico is just... Mexico. I go there a lot(or went before my boyfriend passed away last year) so I have become a little more used to it, but wow! I even went with him to Reynosa a few times.

I would have moved in heartbeat for my boyfriend if I had had to, so I can totally relate to your venture. Every time you quote your husband it makes me laugh 'cause it totally reminds me of my boyfriend and how he talked.

Thanks for taking the time to blog, you don't know how much I appreciate it! I hope you never stop, because you definitely have some avid readers here. Heck, your blogs make you feel so much like family to me that I would even be willing to travel to Reynosa just to meet you. Now that is dedication! (I live in San Antonio BTW)

~Mar~

Upstate Broad said...

Sweetie, trust us. We'll be there to let you know if you get boring. I never went through the whole pregnancy and babyhood thing, so I really can't speak to that, but so far your tales about the wee chica are very entertaining, so I think you're worrying for nothing. Consider our blogger of mutual interest, Johnny Virgil. His readers do NOT hesitate to let him know that it's been too long since a post about his childhood or his latest camping trip.

All major changes to your life require a period of adjustment, some longer than others. Yes, there IS more out there, and when you're ready, you'll discover it. I suspect your kids will probably lead you to a great deal of it. One of the best friends I've ever had or ever will is someone I met because our sons took karate together. You have so much to look forward to, and the most exciting part of that is that right now you're not expecting ANY of it!

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Mar! You're just the sweetest thing I totally love you!! Thank you for the wonderful comment, this sort of thing ALWAYS makes my day. :) I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriend but it is heartwarming to hear you speak so fondly of him :) It's also nice to hear that someone else will choose a few minutes in bed over straitening their hair!!

Sometimes here in Mexico I wonder if I'm the only dionasaur around who just doesn't give a CRAP once in a while - they're all so pressed and shiny here! And of course I laughed because my hair is currently pony tailed back :D

And no, reading a whole blog isn't sad - or at least I hope not because when I find a super favorite I'll go back and read YEARS worth! I once speant about 3 weeks (at work lol) reading a blog up to date!

You're welcome to come down and visit any time - I'll show you the best taco stand :)

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Upstate you're so uplifting THANK YOU!!! I LOVE the idea of looking forward to so much and meeting new people, you're right! Awwwwww you always come through :)

Refried Dreamer said...

Motherhood isn't always peaches n cream like they say it is... I went through the whole sweatshirt n jeans thing for what seemed like years, according to my hubby. Cure? Buy something skanky, that you wouldn't wear in a million years.... take some dirty photos, (silly, i know) and slip them in hubby's wallet. When you get the reaction, you'll feel like a brand new woman. :)

Ritamg said...

Yeah, I kind of lost myself in the mommy haze. Got my second childhood back in my 40's. I'm glad you are waiting so long. Still, nix on the 5-inch stripper heals, and showing my booty and boobs.

Corey Jo said...

When they stop throwing up on everything you wear then you start dressing better!!! When you start getting a full nights sleep then you start getting up earlier to do makeup and hair. If there is someone at home while you work, who is able to use an Iron (CHINO), they can iron your clothes. As far as how to apply make up==> I'm always up for new Ideas. If the one giving advice has their own makeup applied nicely I try their way at least once. At home where I can wash it off if I need too.
I know this is your job and I stay at home, but still be true to yourself. You can Iron (or chino can) and try new ways of makeup and still be you. No matter the trappings the Smile will ALWAYS by you. Love ya, Love me. Corey Jo

Upstate Broad said...

Hey, I know you're not rich or anything, but you mentioned you were making more money at this school. Is there any chance you could have your clothes pressed by a professional? Even if it's just every other time, the creases stay pretty well through a wash or 2. As of the Big Guy's last promotion (March), he's in a suit-and-tie environment for the very first time in his life. I really SUCK at ironing, and so does he, so we found a nice, reasonably priced cleaner. They do all of his shirts, and his pants every 2nd or 3rd time, depending on how wrinkly they are. And my man looks SHARP!

gringationcancun said...

HAHAHA I'm not a mom, but DANG it's hard to keep up with the Mexicans!

When I was in college here, Heaven forbid I didn't put earrings on. All I'd hear all day was, "Laura, where are your earrings?" Fuck you.

My favorite was, "Laura, why didn't you do your hair today?" What?

And then there was the constant, "Laura, you have dark circles under your eyes." Thanks for pointing that out, guys.

The comments didn't go away until I started using massive amounts of correcter and black eyeliner. Once I started doing this, I got lots of compliments.

It's not you. It's the Mexicans haha