Tuesday, February 8, 2011

This is the Sonnnggg that Ne-ver Eennds ...

Do you know that feeling you get when you hear a new song
and realize you've just GOT to have it? You get it and listen
to it a second, thrid, and 25th time and feel something akin
to spiritual about it? You've got to love that feeling!

Do you know though, the weirdness of it when 200 times later
or two weeks or months when one day you pop in the song, it starts
to play and all of a sudden it's two-dementional? All of
a sudden and who knows why the spiritualness or shine
and luster are gone and it's just a nice song.

That happend to me this morning and within seconds it popped
into my mind that other things in life are like that. A favorite
game, book, club, show ect. I was immediately thankful that
my husband hasn't worn out HIS song yet! (Or started to grate like
the LONG version of "American Pie" cuz damn, that's the day our
marrige would die!) What a goofy thought I guess, but from there
it led to Mexico and the experience of living here itself.

And you know? Even though we've been beat into the ground
financially over and over, ground in and spat upon,
and life is scary here sometimes and I'm so far away from
loved ones - I'm still living in 3D.

(p.s. no I am not smoking weed)

I've always thrived when it comes to challenges and maybe
God knew what he was doing sending me here! Life is ONE HUGE
challenge every day here! It's taken me YEARS just to
make something so basic and neccesary as friends. Learning
Spanish is a continuing challenge (verbs can go to hell!)

Just try learning a new culture and how to navigate through the day
without being an unasuming asshole! I've learned (ok, am learning)
to cook an entirely new cuzine, how to dress, act...
you get the point.

Add to this whole mix having my first two babies in the span
of two years and this whole thing is insane. But I still
play the song that is life here everyday and everyday I'm
surprised to say I still love it. So often it's bittersweet
but hell, that's just a part of it.

One little song played this morning, it's newness worn off and here
I am thankful as ever for my life! How cool is that?

4 comments:

gringationcancun said...

I know what you mean! I've been here 5 years and it just doesn't get old.

DanjerusKurves said...

Well this ties in nicely to your comment response in the last post! Boy can I relate to the whole culture shock situation. In 1981 trying to get a fresh start after a hellish relationship, I moved from England with a friend to L.A. Talk about a different way of life! Lived there for 12 years, married, moved to Idaho -- to enter Culture Shock Part II. Divorced, back to L.A. for a year, then to be amongst friends in Austin ... and on to Houston in 2000. Tried a move back to Idaho about 18 months ago and discovered how alien I felt amongst all the marrieds and I mean EVERYBODY there is married! Back in Houston for now... :) And yes, I still have my accent which seems to surprise a lot of Americans for some strange reason!

Driven To Distraction said...

You, my dear, are just amazing! You have handled everything that life has thrown at you for the last 3+ years with grace, humor, and dignity that I am almost certain I could never muster. I am so proud of you and the life that you and your beautiful family have made in Mexico!

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

gringa - but you're in ...CANCUN right?? ;D I'm glad for you! :)

DanK - A lot of single people in Houston I imagine! LOL maybe if you get married you can go back to Idaho, but for now I totally understand how you'd feel...left out or out of place. I hope you like it a lot where you are! :)

DTD - LOL "grace" takes it a little to far but for the rest I thank you :) You're so sweet and lol so amazing in your OWN right that you can't even SEE IT! Sometimes it would be neat to see ourselves through anothers eyes - but only on a good hair day ;D