Sunday, May 15, 2011

Thong Song

I came down stairs this morning wearing the tight pants my husband has been requesting and was met with his cat-calls and "Hey Wera!" "Yahh!" A little confidence boost in the morning is never bad but about a half hour later he THEN informed me that he was going to make a trip to my underpants drawer and find me a better pair of underwear to wear. He told me, and I quote - "Dose look like granny butt." "Jew need something to not show dee lines."

*head smack*

God really?

He actually took his butt up stairs, went THROUGH MY DRAWS and proceeded to throw a dang pair of tanga panties down at me from above. (*snort* I just typed "panties")

Anyhoo, he didn't say anything else, just went about his merry way off to take a shower, confident that when he came back my granny-panty-looking bottom would be fixed. (They SO were NOT granny panties btw, they were just.... comfortable)

You know the crazy thing though? I honest to God DID march my ass to the bathroom and swap them out. I still can't decide if it's major LOVE or if I'm a secret door-mat or if I just plain didn't want to go out for my walk later and have people think I wear granny-panties.

Nah... I'm pretty sure I'm not a door-mat. If anything I was humoring him....and I don't want to go for a walk with a goofy looking butt.

Of course, now I have wedgie-feeling-butt. PEOPLE WHAT IS SO WRONG WITH COMFORTABLE UNDERPANTS !?!?? They had cartoon bunnies on them! Cartoon bunnies do not granny panties make. You know, some people happen to LIKE full coverage in the butt area.

Ugh... What-ev-er.

13 comments:

Ima Wurdibitsch said...

I love that he calls you Wera (mi novio spells it Huera)! You could skip that whole pantyline fiasco by just going commando, ya know...

Kelsey said...

LOL!!

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

IMA - Aw crap, maybe that's the way it's spelled??? I have no idea, just spelling it phoneticaly! :D

Kelsey - :D

Gail said...

Congrats on the arrival of your baby boy, and now you have the perfect family--one of each!! What lovely pictures! So happy to hear you are doing so well. This birth story was the best I've ever heard in my life. There is a movie script in all this, I just know there is.

Oh dear god, I laughed so hard here just now. You are hysterically funny. Thank you so much for sharing your life with us.

The word is actually spelled: güera. But your phonetic spelling was spot on! You spelled it exactly how it is pronounced!

Zoe said...

I would rather wear nothing than a thong. I mean, what is the point?? It is like putting cherry halves on your nipples and feeling "dressed". The point??? It is fun to think of your marido caring enough to charge through your undie drawer, though.

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Gail - aww you just made my day! :) And REALLY? That's how it's spelled!? You're kidding me! Darn it Spanish is supposed to be phonetic! :D Ah well, I'll give it to them, after all they have to deal with English and not even phonetic is spelled phoneticaly in English. Aint THAT a bitch? ;)

Zoe - "like putting cherry halves on your nipples and feeling "dressed"." BWAAAHAHAHAH!! THANK YOU!! :D IMO those things are for wearing in the 10 seconds it takes to get from the shower to the bed at night time. 1 minute later and they're GONE and everybody's happy ;D And LMAO "charging" though my undie drawer - I like that phrasing! :D

gringationcancun said...

LOVE IT!!!

Jorge also prefers thongs... kind of annoying at times, but at least I don't have to invest in expensive lingerie haha

Zoe said...

Heck no, gringationcancun...just a two dollar supply of dental floss and you're good to go!

notinthepink.com said...

You crack me up so much. Granny pants happens to the best of us, girl. They're comfy and they definitely keep a man guessing ("What the heck are those ...?").

~*~*~

Ceri

AmyLynn711 said...

You made me laugh so hard I almost snorted! I love your blog. Thank you so much for sharing.

Barb said...

Granny panties for me! I've never been able to figure out the allure of giving oneself a perma-wedgie.

LOL @ Zoe's dental floss.

~Mar~ said...

OMG Gringa, I don't know if you have heard of this dude called Chingo Bling (he is a Houston hip hop dude that does lots of funny spoofs of popular songs, but the mexican version). Anyways I heard about him for the first time this weekend and was watching some youtube videos, I was crying I was laughing so hard! Especially when I saw one called "what he said" posted by zerochingo. How he talked in it totally reminded me of how you pronounce your husband's english. You gotta watch it, its hilarious!

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Mar - OOOoo thank you!! I love that sort of thing! I've watched alllll of Carlos Mencia! :D